PetSafe E-Collar Feature: How to Use the PDT00-16024 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer
One best thing about e-collars is their customizability and reliability for different dog training needs. There are remote training collars, no bark collars, e-fence systems, hunting collars, and GPS tracking collars, like the Dogtra Pathfinder 2.
The PetSafe® brand has viable e-collar options that accommodate different training goals. And if you want a straightforward collar for home training, the 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer could be the one you need.
Getting Started with the PetSafe® 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer
What is the PetSafe 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer? The 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer is an e-collar for dogs. E-collars are also known as remote trainers, dog shock collars, or remote training collars. These tools help correct your dog’s undesirable behavior and reinforce already-learned commands. They work well even at a distance, making shock collars for dogs valuable communication tools.
If you’ve just gotten the PDT00-16024 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer or are looking to purchase one for your beloved pet, here’s everything you need to know.
What comes in the box:
- Rechargeable Remote and Collar with Adjustable Nylon Strap
- USB Adaptor
- Short and Long Contact Points
- Test Light Tool
- Quick Start Guide
PetSafe® 300 Yard Lite Remote Transmitter:
The PetSafe 300 Yard Lite remote transmitter is designed to fit perfectly in the palm of your hand. This lightweight, intuitive remote has strategically placed buttons that are easy to reach for “no look” control during training. It comes with an easy-to-read digital display for training during the day or at night.
Built for home and backyard dog training, this medium-range remote has a range of up to 300 yards. The PetSafe Yard Lite transmitter recharges for only a couple of hours.
PetSafe® 300 Yard Lite Receiver Collar:
The PetSafe 300 Yard Lite receiver collar is built for small to medium-sized dogs and fits neck sizes from 6 to 23 inches. It comes with three training options: tone, vibration, and 15 static levels. Compared to standard Petsafe remote trainers, it is created with slightly lower stimulation levels for smaller canines.
This PetSafe collar is both rechargeable and waterproof. Your dog’s love for puddle jumping won’t let you worry as the device is submersible up to 10 feet.
The PetSafe 300 Yard Lite remote training collar comes with the following features:
- 300-Yard Range
- 3 Training Modes - Tone, Vibration, and 15 Static Levels
- Safety Lock Feature
- Intuitive Remote Transmitter
- Waterproof Remote and Collar up to 10 Feet
- 2-Hour Rapid Charge (Lasts up to 40 Hours per Charge)
- Expandable for up to 2 dogs
- For Dogs 8 Pounds and Larger
- Fits Neck Sizes 6” - 23”
The PetSafe Yard Lite Remote Trainer also comes in these variants:
The PetSafe® 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer – Built for Home and Backyard Dog Training
The PetSafe 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer is specially designed for small to medium-sized dogs with a smaller collar. The 300-yard range caters to training at home and in the backyard, giving your dog enough freedom while still in your sight.
This PetSafe e-collar comes with three training options - audible tone, non-stimulating vibration, and 15 static levels. With slightly lower stim levels, this dog training collar emits just the right amount of correction for your shy and little dog. You also don’t have to worry about accidentally overstimulating your dog, as the PetSafe remote has a safety lock feature.
With a waterproof and rechargeable remote and collar, this PetSafe remote training collar is built to last for many years. Got two dogs to train? Just purchase an additional collar to train two dogs at once.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an e collar?
- An e collar is a dog training tool that’s also called a remote trainer, remote training collar, or shock collar. It allows you to communicate remotely with your dog. Used correctly, it can help reinforce commands and correct undesirable behaviors in your pet. It provides you with the means to train your dog with more precise timing and consistency. This makes an e-collar a very effective training tool.
Will an e-collar hurt my dog?
- A remote trainer sends a signal from the transmitter to the collar on the dog’s neck. The signal then triggers the stimulation, which can be in the form of static shock. The stimulation is meant to distract the dog from doing something they’re not supposed to or mark the desired behavior. The stimulus may be unpleasant but generally harmless.
For people who prefer not to use static, the PetSafe 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer also comes with vibration and tone options.
Are e-collars effective?
- E-collars can be invaluable training tools, but only when used correctly. If you need help with using one or need to know how to start, please consult a professional trainer.
When can I use an e collar for dogs?
- PetsTEK does not recommend using an e collar for dogs younger than 6 months old. We also recommend supplementing training with a remote trainer only when your dog has already learned the basic commands.
How does the PetSafe 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer work?
- The 300 Yard Lite Trainer remote transmitter sends a signal to the receiver collar worn by your dog. The collar has two contact points, also called prongs, that deliver static. You can also set the remote to deliver vibration or tone to mark the message you’re sending your pet.
Does the PetSafe 300 Yard Lite remote training collar have any safety features?
- Yes. This PetSafe shock collar has safety features. The 300 Yard Lite Trainer remote locks the highest stimulation levels to avoid unintentionally overstimulating your pet. The e-collar also automatically stops correction after 10 seconds, regardless if the button is pressed longer.
What is the difference between the PetSafe 300 Yard Lite Trainer and its similar variants?
- If it isn’t obvious enough, the main difference between the 100, 300, and 600 Yard Lite Trainers is their yard ranges.
Does the PetSafe 300 Yard Lite Trainer come with a warranty?
- Yes. The 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer has a 1-year limited warranty.
Operating the PetSafe 300 Yard Lite Remote Training Collar
How do I fit the e-collar?
- Making sure the ecollar fits correctly will ensure more consistent correction. To fit the e-collar properly:
- Ensure the e-collar is turned off and your dog is standing comfortably, not sitting.
- Center the receiver and ensure the contact points are touching the skin.
- Check the fit. You should be able to put a finger between the end of a contact point and your dog’s neck.
- To trim the collar strap, mark the desired length while allowing room for growth or a thicker coat. Remove it from your dog and cut the excess. Use a lighter to seal the end.
If the collar is too loose, it won’t administer correction reliably. Meanwhile, a too-tight collar is an irritation risk. So, make sure your dog is comfortable. Rotate the collar every 1-2 hours and never leave it on for more than 12 hours daily.
How do I adjust the strap of the 300 Yard Lite collar?
- To loosen, move the strap through the Slide Buckle and pull it down after fastening.
- To tighten, move the strap up through the Fasten Buckle and pull through the Slide Buckle.
How do I charge the 300 Yard Lite Trainer e-collar?
- Lift the rubber covers protecting the charging ports on the collar and remote.
- Connect the charging connectors to the ports.
- Plug the charger into a standard wall outlet. The collar light will turn green while the remote battery icon will start moving to indicate it’s charging.
- For your first use, the device recharges for 5 hours. After that, charging will only take up to 2-3 hours.
- Unplug once the collar light goes out and the remote battery status is full.
- Place back the rubber covers over the ports. The system remains waterproof even without the covers.
Note: Excessive charging can shorten battery life. Only charge the device when the battery is low.
How do I turn the 300 Yard Lite e-collar on or off?
- To turn the collar on, press and hold the on/off button until you hear a beeping sound and the green light appears.
- To turn it off, press and hold the same button until the collar beeps, then release it. The collar light will flash red and stop illuminating when the ecollar is off.
Note: The remote transmitter is always on. The digital display will appear every time the button is pressed. Turn the dog collar off to extend its battery life when not in use.
How do I pair the 300 Yard Lite Trainer e-collar to the remote?
- Pairing Dog 1
- Ensure the collar is off before pairing. Press and hold the power button of the dog collar for 5 seconds. Continue holding the button until the solid green light goes out.
- Then, press and hold the upper left button on the remote to start pairing the collar.
- Pairing is complete once the collar flashes five times and a beeping is heard.
- Release the button and check if it’s properly paired.
- Pairing Dog 2
To pair the second collar, press the button on the right side of the remote to switch to Dog 2.
- Then, follow the same steps for pairing Dog 1 to connect the second e collar.
How do I adjust the stimulation level of my 300-Yard Lite Trainer?
- The PetSafe 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer delivers 15 static stimulation levels. When using stimulation, press the buttons on the remote’s left side to go up or down a level.
How do I lock or unlock the level of stimulation?
- Note: The PetSafe 300 Yard Lite handheld transmitter is preset to lock levels from 8 to 15. Follow the steps below to lock or unlock the levels:
- To unlock, press and hold the up and down level buttons simultaneously on the left side of the remote for 3 seconds.
- To lock, press and hold the same buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds.
What does static stimulation mean?
- Static stimulation sends a tingling sensation to your dog for as long as the button is pressed. However, the PetSafe 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer is pre-programmed to send stimulation for only up to 10 seconds.
Does the 300 Yard Lite Trainer have a vibration?
- Yes. The PetSafe 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer has one non-adjustable level of vibration mode. Once the vibration button is pressed, the probes on the e collar will vibrate to disrupt your dog.
Does the 300 Yard Lite Trainer have a tone?
- Yes. The 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer has one tone volume. The tone option can be used as a warning before sending vibration or static to stop unwanted behavior. Alternatively, you can apply tone to mark positive behaviors. However, never utilize tone for both, as this may confuse your dog.
How do I get the full range on my e-collar?
- The PetSafe 300 Yard Lite Remote Trainer has a range of up to 300 yards. Ensure no metal structures can interfere with the connection between the handheld remote and your dog’s collar.
Is the PetSafe 300 Yard Lite Trainer e collar waterproof?
- Yes. The 300 Yard Lite e-collar is waterproof and submersible up to 10 feet.
Test Light Instructions
- Turn the e-collar on.
- Hold the test light contacts to the contact points.
- Press the stimulation button on your remote.
- The test light should flash to know it’s working. At higher stimulation levels, the test light will flash brighter.
- Turn the e collar off.
- Keep the test light tool for future testing.
Note: If the test light does not flash, recharge the battery and re-test. If the test light does not flash after charging, contact Customer Support.
For more information on how to use your PetSafe 300 Yard Lite remote training collar, please check your user manual.
Looking for a different PetSafe collar? Check out our PetSafe buying guide.
Ready to buy your own PetSafe 300 Yard Lite e-collar? Get your collar here.