How to Use the PetSafe PDT00-16120 600 Yard Remote Trainer
When we adopt a dog, we want to give them the best life possible. That includes giving them the freedom to run and play outdoors while keeping them safe. So, if you want to give your dog the best of both worlds—freedom and safety—an e-collar may be the perfect solution.
When it comes to safe and effective dog training aids, PetSafe offers a wide variety of training collars to choose from. One such option is the PetSafe® PDT00-16120 600 Yard Remote Trainer. Let's take a closer look at this remarkable dog training e-collar below.
Getting Started with the PetSafe® 600 Yard Remote Trainer
What is the PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer? The PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer is an e collar for dogs.
E collars are also known as remote trainers, dog shock collars, or remote dog training collars. These tools help correct your dog’s unwanted behavior and reinforce learned commands. They work well even at a distance, making shock collars for dogs valuable communication tools.
If you've recently purchased the PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer or are considering buying one for your beloved pet, here's everything you need to know.
What comes in the box:
- Rechargeable Remote
- Rechargeable Collar on Adjustable Premium Coated Nylon Strap
- Wall Adaptor
- Test Light Tool
- Quick Start Guide
PetSafe® 600 Yard Remote Trainer Transmitter:
The PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer transmitter boasts a slim, ergonomic design that fits comfortably in your hand. Its user-friendly buttons are specially designed for intuitive operation. Plus, the backlit display with large, easy-to-read fonts ensures visibility day or night.
With this remote, you don't have to worry about accidentally overstimulating your pet. Its built-in safety lock prevents unintentional unlocking of the highest static levels.
It's also rechargeable, charging in just 2 hours and lasting up to 40 hours on a single charge. And for those with multiple pets, it can train two dogs simultaneously.
PetSafe® 600 Yard Remote Trainer Receiver Collar:
The PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer receiver collar is built for medium to large dogs weighing 8 pounds and above. It offers three training options: an audible tone, a vibration, and 15 levels of static stimulation.
This collar features a ridged-coated polyester material, ensuring it stays securely in place to prevent any unwanted slipping. It is waterproof as well as rechargeable.
The PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer shock collar comes with the following features:
- 600-Yard Range
- 15 Levels of Static Stimulation
- Waterproof Digital Remote
- Waterproof Collar
- Expandable to 2-Dog System
- For Dogs 8 Pounds and Up
- Fits Neck Sizes 6” – 27”
The PetSafe® 600 Yard Remote Trainer – Your Dog's Adventure Partner
The PetSafe® 600 Yard Remote Trainer is a medium-range remote training e-collar for medium to large-sized dogs. With a range of up to 600 yards, it allows your dog to explore while still keeping you in control.
This versatile pet trainer offers three types of stimulation to cater to your dog's needs: audible tone, vibration, and static. It also features a safety lock to prevent accidental unlocking of the highest static levels. This ensures a safe and comfortable training experience for your furry friend.
This PetSafe collar is not only efficient but also convenient. It allows you to train two dogs with just one remote by adding an extra Add-A-Dog Receiver Collar.
So, don't limit your dog's adventures—unleash their potential with the PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer (PDT00-16120).
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an e collar for dogs?
- An e collar for dogs is a training tool that’s also called a remote trainer, remote training collar, or shock collar. It allows you to communicate remotely with your dog. Used correctly, it can help reinforce commands and correct undesirable behaviors in your pet. It enables you to train your dog with more precise timing and consistency. This makes an e-collar a very effective training tool.
Will an e-collar hurt my dog?
- A remote trainer sends a signal from the transmitter to the collar on the dog’s neck. The signal then triggers the stimulation, which can be in the form of static shock. The stimulation is meant to distract the dog from doing something they’re not supposed to or mark the desired behavior. The stimulus may be unpleasant but generally harmless.
For people who prefer not to use static, the PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer comes with vibration and tone options.
Are e-collars effective?
- E-collars can be invaluable training tools, but only when used correctly. If you need help with using one or need to know how to start, please consult a professional trainer.
When can I use an e collar for dogs?
- PetsTEK does not recommend using an e collar for dogs younger than 6 months old. We also recommend supplementing training with a remote trainer only when your dog has already learned the basic commands.
Does the PetSafe 600 Yard Remote training collar have any safety features?
- The PetSafe Remote Collar features a built-in safety lock that prevents accidental unlocking of the highest static levels.
Does the PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer come with a warranty?
- Yes. The 600 Yard Remote Trainer has a 1-year limited warranty.
Operating the PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Remote Training Collar
How do I fit the e-collar?
- Making sure the collar fits correctly will ensure more consistent correction. To fit the e-collar properly:
- Ensure the e-collar is turned off and your dog is standing comfortably.
- Center the receiver and ensure the collar touches your pet’s skin.
- Check the fit. You should be able to put a finger between the collar and your dog’s neck.
- When trimming the collar strap, mark the desired length while leaving enough room for growth or a thicker coat. Remove it from your dog and cut the excess. Use a lighter to seal the end.
If the collar is too loose, it won’t administer correction reliably. Meanwhile, a too-tight collar is an irritation risk. So, make sure your dog is comfortable. Rotate the collar every 1-2 hours and never leave it on for more than 12 hours daily.
How do I charge the 600 Yard Remote Trainer remote and training collar?
- To charge the remote and training collar, follow the steps below:
- Plug in the remote and training collar using the included USB adaptor.
- Once fully charged, the green LED on the collar will turn off, and the remote’s battery meter will appear full.
- Replace the rubber covers on the devices after charging.
NOTE: To extend battery life, only charge your remote or collar when the batteries are low.
How do I turn the 600 Yard Remote Trainer e-collar on or off?
- To turn the collar on, press and hold the on/off button until the collar beeps from low to high. When the green LED illuminates, release the button.
- To turn it off, press and hold the on/off button until the collar beeps from high to low, then release it. The e-collar light will flash red, indicating that the collar is off.
How do I pair the 600 Yard Remote Trainer e-collar to the remote?
- To pair a new collar or troubleshoot unresponsive buttons, follow these steps:
- Use the Dog 1/2 button on the remote to select the desired dog (Dog 1 or Dog 2).
- With the remote turned on and the collar turned off, press and hold the on/off button on the collar.
- After 5 seconds, the LED on the collar will turn off, indicating it is ready for pairing.
- Press one of the top 2 stimulation buttons on the remote. The collar LED will blink 5 times to indicate a successful pairing.
How do I lock or unlock the level of stimulation?
- The PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer remote is pre-set to lock levels from 8 to 15. To lock or unlock the levels, follow these steps:
- To unlock, press and hold the remote’s side up/down level adjuster simultaneously for 3 seconds.
- To lock, press and hold the side up/down level adjuster simultaneously for 3 seconds.
How to find the best stimulation using the 600-Yard Remote Trainer?
- The PetSafe Remote Trainer offers 1 tone, 1 vibration, and 15 levels of static stimulation. This allows you to select the most suitable training option for your pet. For effective training, we suggest starting with tone and vibration or the lower levels of static stimulation.
In most cases, static levels 1–7 will be sufficient for your training needs. Levels 8–15 are locked as a safety measure, reminding you that you are moving to higher stimulation levels.
Does the 600 Yard Remote Trainer have a vibration?
- Yes. The PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer has one non-adjustable level of vibration mode. Once the vibration button is pressed, the e collar will vibrate to disrupt your dog.
Does the 600 Yard Remote Trainer have a tone?
- Yes. The PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer has a single tone volume. You can use the tone as a warning before sending a vibration. Alternatively, you can apply tone to mark positive behaviors. However, never use the tone for warning and marking, as this can confuse your dog.
How do I get the full range on my e-collar?
- The PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer has a range of up to 600 Yards. Ensure no metal structures can interfere with the connection between the remote and your dog’s collar.
Are the PetSafe 600-Yard Remote Trainer e collar and remote waterproof?
- Yes, the 600 Yard Remote Trainer e-collar and remote are waterproof.
Test Light Instructions
- Turn the e-collar on.
- Hold the test light contacts to the contact points.
- Press the stimulation button on your remote.
- The test light should flash to know it’s working. At higher stimulation levels, the test light will flash brighter.
- Turn the e collar off.
- Keep the test light tool for future testing.
NOTE: If the test light does not flash, recharge the battery and re-test. If the test light does not flash after charging, contact Customer Support.
For more information on how to use your PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer, please check your user manual.
Looking for a different PetSafe e collar? Check out our PetSafe buying guide.
Ready to buy your own PetSafe 600 Yard Remote Trainer? Get your collar here.
You might also enjoy...