How to Use the Dogtra 1900S Remote Training Collar
Dogtra shock collars are some of the best-known in the market. One can never talk about dog e-collars without mentioning the brand. They have a reputation for producing some of the most durable and dependable dog training collars today. So, if you’re looking to purchase an e-collar, you really can’t go wrong with the Dogtra brand.
This blog will talk about one of Dogtra’s most popular models, the 1900S remote training collar.
Getting Started with the Dogtra 1900S Remote Training Collar
What is the Dogtra 1900S remote dog training collar? The 1900S is an e-collar for dogs. E collars are also called remote trainers, shock collars, or remote training collars. These tools help in correcting your dog’s undesirable behavior. They are also used for reinforcing already learned commands. E-collars work because you can issue commands even at a distance, making them valuable communication tools. They are excellent for fostering better relationships between pets and their owners.
If you’ve just gotten a Dogtra 1900S e collar or want to purchase one for your beloved pet, here’s everything you need to know.
What comes in the box:
- Remote Transmitter
- Collar Receiver
- Battery Charger
- Splitter Cable
- Test Light
- Owner’s Manual
Dogtra 1900S Remote Transmitter and Receiver Collar
The Dogtra 1900S remote transmitter is slim and ergonomic. It has checkered grips to minimize the risk of the remote slipping from your hands. The buttons are strategically placed for more effortless operation. The LCD screen shows the stimulation level and battery.
The Dogtra 1900S receiver collar comes with enhanced contact points and is waterproof.
The 1900S Remote Training Collar by Dogtra features:
- 3/4-Mile Range
- 127 Stimulation Levels
- Low to High Power Output
- Nick and Constant Stimulation
- Non-Stimulating High-Performance Pager
- Patented Rheostat Dial
- LCD Screen
- Fully Waterproof
- Slim, Ergonomic Receiver
- Enhanced Contact Points
- 2-Hour Rapid Charge Battery
- Checkered Grips
- Belt Clip
The 1900S e-collar is suitable for dogs 35 pounds and up with mild to stubborn temperaments.
The Dogtra 1900S remote training collar also comes in these variants:
The Dogtra 1900S Remote Training Collar – The E-Collar for the Most Demanding Situations
The Dogtra 1900S remote training collar is one of the more recognizable of the Dogtra dog collars. It’s a fantastic dog training tool for basic obedience but can handle even more advanced training.
This remote trainer has a ¾-mile range, so you can start training your dog in the backyard of your house and move to the neighborhood park or field without issues. Because Dogtra collars are weather-proof, you can train in the peak of summer. You don’t have to worry about getting caught out in the rain. You can even take the e-collar on a cold winter day walk. This e-collar can handle it.
The 1900S remote training e-collar has 127 levels of static stimulation. The power output goes from low to high. This means whether your dog is shy, of normal temperament, or on the stubborn side, you can find a level that works just right.
The Dogtra 1900S remote training collar is great for any dog weighing 35 pounds or more, whatever their disposition may be. And whether you’re a professional trainer or not, this e-collar can make dog training much easier, faster, and more effective.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an e collar?
- An e collar is a dog training tool that’s also called a remote trainer, remote training collar, or shock collar. It allows you to communicate remotely with your dog. Used correctly, it can help reinforce commands and correct undesirable behaviors in your pet. It provides you the means to train your dog with more precise timing and consistency. This makes an e-collar a very effective training tool.
- A remote trainer works by sending a signal from the transmitter to the collar on the dog’s neck. The signal then triggers the stimulation, which can be a static shock. The stimulation distracts the dog from doing something they’re not supposed to or marks the desired behavior. The stimulation may be unpleasant but generally harmless.
The Dogtra 1900S with a non-stimulating, high-performance pager (vibration) if you do not want to use static or if your dog is more sensitive.
Are e-collars effective?
- E-collars can be invaluable training tools, but only when used correctly. If you are unsure about using one or do not know how to start, please consult with a professional trainer.
When can I use an e collar for dogs?
- PetsTEK does not recommend using an e collar for dogs younger than 6 months old. We recommend supplementing training with a remote trainer only when your dog has already learned the basic commands.
Are Dogtra collars worth it?
- Dogtra is a very reputable dog e-collar brand. Their dog training collars are reliable, durable, and effective if used correctly.
How does the Dogtra 1900S work?
- The 1900S remote transmitter remote sends a signal to the receiver collar on the dog’s neck. The collar has two contact points, also called prongs, that deliver static. You can also set the remote to provide vibration to mark the message you’re sending your pet.
Does the Dogtra 1900S have any safety features?
- The Dogtra 1900S automatically times out and turns off after 12 seconds of Constant stimulation. This is so accidental over-stimulation of your pet is avoided.
What is the difference between the Dogtra 1900S, 1900S Wetlands, and the 1900S Black Edition?
- There are aesthetic differences between the three (3) 1900S models. The 1900S Wetlands comes in a camouflage pattern, while the Black Edition has an all-black remote and collar. Function-wise, both the 1900S and the Wetlands version has a range of ¾-mile. The 1900S Black has a longer range at 1-mile.
Does the Dogtra 1900S e-collar have a tone?
- No, the Dogtra 1900S only has static stimulation and vibration.
Operating the Dogtra 1900S Remote Training Collar
How do I fit the e-collar?
- Making sure the e collar fits correctly will ensure more consistent correction. To fit the e-collar properly:
- Put the receiver on your dog’s neck below the ears, on either side of the windpipe.
- Make sure the contact points are firmly pressed against the skin.
- Check the fit. You should be able to fit a couple of fingers between the strap and your dog’s skin.
If the collar is too loose, it won’t administer correction reliably. Meanwhile, a too tight collar is an irritation risk. So, make sure your dog is comfortable. Rotate the collar every 2 hours and never leave it on for more than 10 hours every day.
Charging your Dogtra 1900S e-collar
- Once the indicator light is red or does not come on, your e-collar needs charging. The same is true once the LCD shows only 1 bar on the indicator.
- To charge your 1900S, open the rubber plugs on the charging receptacles and plug the charging cable in. All indicator lights should glow red when properly plugged in.
- The e-collar will automatically shut off while charging. The light will turn green once fully charged, approximately after 2 hours.
Please note the LED colors and their indications:
- Green = Full Charge
- Amber = Medium Charge
- Red = Needs Charging
- If the unit is used while the LED is red, it may shut down automatically.
How do I turn the Dogtra 1900S e-collar on?
- To turn the transmitter on, hold down the button on the right side of the transmitter until the LCD illuminates.
- To turn the receiver on, hold down the On/Off button until the LED indicator light turns green.
How do I turn the Dogtra 1900S e-collar off?
- To turn the transmitter off, hold down the button on the right side of the transmitter until the LCD shuts off.
- To turn the receiver on, hold down the On/Off button until the LED indicator light turns red.
How do I adjust the stimulation level of my 1900S e-collar?
- The Dogtra 1900S remote has a rheostat dial on top. The lowest setting is 0. The highest is 127. Rotate the dial to go up or down a level.
Can the Dogtra 1900S stimulation intensity be adjusted when in use?
- Yes, the stimulation intensity can be adjusted while in use.
Why can’t I get the full range on my e-collar?
- The ¾-mile is more than enough for most dog training. However, the actual range may vary depending on use. Hold the transmitter away from your body and avoid touching the antenna for best results. It also helps to keep the unit adequately charged for maximum signal strength.
How do I know if my Dogtra 1900S e-collar is ready for use?
- If the receiver is on, the LED indicator light will flash every 4 seconds to signify it is ready for use. When the transmitter buttons are pressed, the LED indicator will also blink on the remote and the collar.
What do Nick and Constant stimulation mean?
- The Dogtra 1900S has a Nick button located at the top of the left side of the remote. When pressed, a single rapid pulse of electric stimulation is emitted by the receiver. Meanwhile, the Constant stimulation button is located at the bottom of the left side of the transmitter. Pressing the Constant button gives a continuous stimulation for as long as the button is pressed. This times out after 12 seconds.
What is the 1900S Pager?
- The Dogtra 1900S has a vibration feature called a high-performance pager. The Pager button is located on the transmitter's face. Pressing the button will vibrate for as long as the button is pressed, timing out after 12 seconds.
Can I change stimulation levels while pressing the remote buttons?
- Not when using momentary stimulation. However, when on continuous stimulation mode, the stimulation level can be increased or decreased while the button is being pressed.
Troubleshooting the Dogtra 1900S Remote Training Collar
Why is my dog not reacting to the e-collar?
Your dog not reacting to the e-collar stimulation could be a simple matter of the receiver and transmitter not being turned on. It could also be due to the prongs not touching your dog's skin. Check the fit. If the fit is okay, check the prong length. If the contact points are too short, you may want to get longer ones to get the collar to work correctly. If you are already using the longest length, you may want to consider shaving your dog's hair to get better contact.
Check our blog for more reasons why your dog is not reacting to the e-collar.
The test light turns on, but I do not feel anything.
You may simply have a high tolerance. Try turning the level up. This could also be due to the battery being low. Check your LCD for battery life.
The range is less when the dog is farther away.
Check if the antenna is not damaged. If it’s not an antenna issue, it could be due to terrain. Heavy brush or tree cover can affect the range of the device. Similarly, any electrical conductors in the area will affect the range of the e-collar.
My 1900S is not holding a charge.
Check if the batteries are charged properly. If the charging port is dirty, try cleaning the dirt with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol. If the charging pin is damaged, you will need to contact Dogtra for repair.
For more information on how to use your Dogtra 1900S remote training collar, please check the user manual.
Looking for a different Dogtra collar? Find what you need with the help of our Dogtra E-Collar Buying Guide.