How to Use the Dogtra 200NCPT Remote Training Collar PetsTEK Edition
Nothing worth having comes easy. The thought of “having a dog” may seem like a piece of cake. But it’s entirely different when you’re raising one already, especially if dog training is concerned. Of course, this is not to dissuade you if you’re an aspiring fur parent or a pet owner, but knowing some techniques for building better relationships with pets would be handy. So do not fret - Dogtra 200NCPT remote training collar should do the trick.
Dogtra is a top-notch brand in the dog training industry and has been providing high-quality remote training collars for over 30 years now. Trusted by dog training professionals, Dogtra shock collars are highly reliable products that can aid pet owners in training their dogs to be in their best behaviors.
Getting Started with the Dogtra 200NCPT E-Collar
What is the Dogtra 200NCPT e-collar? The Dogtra 200NCPT is a remote training collar or e-collar that uses static stimulations, vibration, and tone. An e-collar also goes by various names, such as a dog shock collar, electric collar, remote trainer, or dog training collar.
An e-collar is an effective and intuitive device employed by professional dog trainers. It can be used to train dogs to unlearn unwanted behavior. It's also a great tool for reinforcing already learned commands or teaching new ones.
If you’ve just gotten the Dogtra 200NCPT remote training collar or are considering getting one for your beloved pet, here’s everything you need to know.
What comes in the box:
- Transmitter Remote
- Receiver Collar
- Battery Charger
- Splitter Cable
- Test Light
- Owner’s Manual
Dogtra 200NCPT Transmitter Remote
The transmitter remote has a safety Stimulation Level Lock Switch. It locks the stimulation at the level that you want. This feature prevents accidental changes to the stimulation levels during dog training and allows the pet owner to train their pets effectively at the desired level. The transmitter has four buttons corresponding to its training modes: nick/constant stimulation, high-performance pager, and tone.
Dogtra 200NCPT Receiver Collar
The 200NCPT receiver collar is just like a standard dog collar. What sets it apart is it comes with a receiver, which is a small box that receives the signal from the remote transmitter. It then issues the stimulation. Dogtra collars come with surgical stainless steel contact points and anti-microbial plastic to protect the dog’s skin. The e collar is designed not to harm your pets but to help them learn good behavior.
The Dogtra 200NCPT remote training collar comes with the following features:
- ½-Mile Range
- 100 Levels of Low-Medium Stimulation
- Nick and Constant Stimulation
- High-Performance Pager
- Audible Tone
- IPX9K Military Grade Waterproof
- Unique Safety Stimulation Level Lock
- Enhanced Contact Points
- Compact Receiver
- Front-Facing Dial for One-Handed Operation
- 2-Hour Rapid Charge Battery
The 200NCPT dog training collar is best for small- to medium-sized dogs 12 pounds and over with a 12-24 inch neck size.
The Dogtra 200NCPT Remote Training E-Collar – Safe and Effective Dog Training Tool
The Dogtra 200NCPT remote trainer is safe and effective for use in basic obedience and fieldwork training. This intuitive, compact trainer comes with a unique Safety Lock to prevent changes to the stimulation level during dog training. The front-facing rheostat dial with 0-100 stimulation levels is designed for one-handed operation, giving the handler or pet owner ease and precise control.
It also has an IPX9K Military Grade Waterproof system, the highest rating available for water protection, and a rechargeable feature that makes it durable and ideal for long-term use.
The nick/constant stimulation, vibration pager, and tone buttons are strategically placed right at your fingertips, allowing one to operate without looking at the transmitter. Compared to other Dogtra e-collars, the 200NCPT model has audible tone as a unique feature.
The Dogtra 200NCPT Remote Training Collar PetsTEK Edition is an excellent choice for training your dog off-leash or remotely, like in the yard, at the park, or camping.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an e collar?
- An e collar is a dog training tool that’s also called a remote trainer, remote training collar, or shock collar. It allows you to communicate remotely with your dog. Used correctly, it can help reinforce commands and correct undesirable behaviors in your pet. It provides you the means to train your dog with more precise timing and consistency. This makes an e-collar a very effective training tool.
Will an e collar hurt my dog?
- A remote trainer works by sending a signal from the transmitter to the collar on the dog’s neck. The signal then triggers the stimulation, which can be in the form of static shock. The stimulation is meant to distract the dog from doing something they’re not supposed to or mark the desired behavior. The stimulation may be unpleasant but generally harmless.
If your dog is more sensitive or you prefer not to use static stimulation, the Dogtra 200NCPT also comes with a high-performance pager (vibration) and audible tone options.
Are e-collars effective?
- E-collars can be invaluable training tools, but only when used correctly. If you are unsure about using one or do not know how to start, please consult with a professional trainer.
When can I use an e collar for dogs?
- PetsTEK does not recommend using an e collar for dogs younger than 6 months old. We also recommend supplementing training with a remote trainer only when your dog has already learned the basic commands such as sit, stay, here, and heel.
Are Dogtra e-collars worth it?
- Dogtra is a trusted brand in the manufacturing and distribution of high-quality remote training collars in the dog training industry. Dogtra e-collars are highly durable, effective, and safe, given the proper operation of the product units and guided dog training methods.
How does the Dogtra 200NCPT remote training collar work?
- The Dogtra 200NCPT transmitter remote sends a signal to the receiver collar on the dog’s neck. The collar has two contact points, also called prongs, that deliver static stimulation. You can also set the remote to deliver vibration or tone to mark the message you’re sending to your pet. Always start at the lowest level in sending signals to your dogs. In highly distracting situations, you may need to adjust the intensity level.
Does the Dogtra 200NCPT e-collar have any safety features?
- Yes. The Dogtra 200NCPT transmitter remote has a safety Stimulation Level Lock Switch that can lock your desired stimulation level. This feature prevents the stimulation levels from unintentional changing, which may cause unintentional shock. As a safety feature, the stimulation will automatically turn off after 12 seconds to avoid overstimulation of dogs.
Operating the Dogtra 200NCPT Remote Training Collar
How do I fit the e-collar?
- Making sure the e collar fits correctly will ensure more consistent correction. To fit the e-collar properly:
- Put the receiver on your dog’s neck below the ears, on the side of the windpipe.
- Make sure the contact points are touching the skin.
- Check the fit. You should be able to put a couple of fingers between the strap and your dog’s skin.
If the collar is too loose, it won’t administer correction reliably. Meanwhile, a too tight collar is an irritation risk. So, make sure your dog is comfortable. Rotate the collar every 2 hours and never leave it on for more than 10 hours every day.
How do I charge my Dogtra 200NCPT e-collar?
- To charge your Dogtra 200NCPT remote trainer, follow the simple steps below:
- Open the rubber plugs on the battery charging receptacles and plug in the charging cable.
- Plug the charger into a 120-volt outlet or, if using the auto charger, plug into a cigarette lighter only for lithium polymer batteries (use a 220-volt European charger for Europe). All indicator lights should glow red when properly plugged in. The unit will automatically shut off during the charging process.
- The lithium polymer battery is fully charged within 2 hours. The lights will turn green once the unit is fully charged.
- After charging, cover the battery charging receptacles with the rubber plugs.
How do I turn the Dogtra 200NCPT e-collar on?
- To turn on the receiver, place the red dot on the back of the transmitter against the red dot on the receiver. Hold the two red dots together until the LED light on the receiver comes on and emits three short beeps.
How do I turn the Dogtra 200NCPT e-collar off?
- To turn off the receiver, repeat the same procedure holding the two red dots together. The LED light will turn red for a brief moment and emit one long beep indicating that the receiver has shut off. The transmitter does not have an on/off button and will only activate when the buttons are pressed.
How do I adjust the stimulation level of my Dogtra 200NCPT e-collar?
- The 200NCPT dog training collar has a Rheostat Dial on the front of the transmitter (0 is the lowest and 100 is the highest). You can adjust the setting (upward or downward) depending on your dog’s temperament and threshold for stimulation.
Can the Dogtra 200NCPT stimulation intensity be adjusted when in use?
- Yes, the stimulation intensity can be adjusted even when in use.
Why can’t I get the full range on my e-collar?
- The range may vary depending on the way you use your transmitter. Hold the transmitter away from your body to get the maximum range and avoid touching the antenna. Keep your unit properly charged for maximum signal strength.
How do I know if my Dogtra 200NCPT e-collar is ready for use?
- When the LED indicator flashes every 4 seconds, the receiver is on and ready for use. The LED indicator will blink on both the transmitter and the receiver when the transmitter buttons are pressed.
What do Nick and Constant stimulation mean?
- Nick emits a single pulse of electrical stimulation through the receiver when the Nick button is pressed. This is located on top of the left side of the transmitter remote. On the other hand, Constant gives continuous stimulation as long as the button is pressed, for up to 12 seconds. This can be found on the bottom of the left side of the transmitter remote.
What is the Dogtra 200NCPT Pager?
- Pressing the Pager button will give a vibration for as long as the button is held down, up to 12 seconds. The Pager button is the top button on the face of the transmitter.
Can I change stimulation levels while pressing the remote buttons?
- Yes, the stimulation levels can be changed while pressing the remote buttons.
Troubleshooting the Dogtra 200NCPT Remote Training Collar
Why is my dog not reacting to the e-collar?
Your dog not reacting to the e-collar stimulation could be a simple matter of the receiver and transmitter not being turned on. It could also be due to the prongs not touching your dog's skin. Check the fit. If the fit is okay, check the prong length. If the contact points are too short, you may want to get longer ones to get the collar to work correctly. If you are already using the longest length, you may want to consider shaving your dog's hair to get better contact.
Check our blog for more reasons why your dog is not reacting to the e-collar.
The test light turns on, but I do not feel anything.
You may simply have a high tolerance. Try turning the level up. This could also be due to the battery being low. Check your LCD for battery life.
The range is less when the dog is farther away.
Check if the antenna is not damaged. If it’s not an antenna issue, it could be due to terrain. Heavy brush or tree cover can affect the range of the device. Similarly, any electrical conductors in the area will affect the range of the e-collar.
My Dogtra 200NCPT is not holding a charge.
Check if the batteries are charged properly. If the charging port is dirty, try cleaning the dirt with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol. If the charging pin is damaged, you will need to contact Dogtra for repair.
For more information on how to use your Dogtra 200NCPT remote training collar, please check the user manual.
Looking for a different Dogtra collar? Find what you need with the help of our Dogtra E-Collar Buying Guide.